Eswatini: Thanksgiving End of Year church service

by - October 15, 2019

His Majesty Ingwenyama presided over the kingdom's Thanksgiving End of Year Church Service hosted at the Mandvulo Grand Hall in Lozitha on Sunday October 13th.

With this year's theme was ‘God has been our strength and refuge’  derived from Psalms 28:7, the church service began with a prayer and then the choir singing lead by Nothando Hlophe before His Majesty gave his speech.

Emakhosikati, Emazinyane and members of the royal family were in attendance.

His Majesty then address the crowd and nation explaining how the pledge at last week's Global Fund came to be about. His Majesty explained that it was God who planted and revealed that the US$ 6 million (which is approximately E91 million) pledge in his mind while he was attending the Sixth Global Fund Replenishing Conference. He then continued saying that He(God) would assist the country make good of the pledge and provide more than the amount.

He further reiterated that while he was busy mulling over the country's current economic situation, where the economy was not in a good position with strikes in the public service. “I asked myself if I could also make a commitment. Whilst still meditating,  a figure was planted into my mind. I did not discuss it with anyone. Then I made up my mind that since that figure had already been planted, I should go ahead and make the pledge as it was not a mistake,”. 

“I hadn’t planned on any figure; I was actually confused as other countries were making their pledges. This means that God had planned it. Some wonder and some even asked where that amount will come from but I assured them that it will be available knowing that our God provides and He is with me. God said we should prophecy things and it will manifest, life and death are in the power of the tongue,” he said.

The service ended with a banquet dinner.


Meeting with new High Commissioners and Ambassadors:

Yesterday, His Majesty received and accepted the letter of credence from five new envoys from countries around the world to begin their diplomatic work in Eswatini.

The new envoys came from: Kuwait, Japan, Indonesia, UAE and India


You May Also Like

0 comments